Next Sunday, February 14:
The Art of Reframing
Rev. Brian Ferguson
This worship service will explore how our engagement with multiculturalism will challenge, and may necessitate changes to, our world view and understanding of humanity.
See Sermons for more details.
Meeting at 1314 E Oltorf St (Faith Presbyterian)
Wildflower Church is a deliberately inclusive, open-minded religious community in the Unitarian Universalist tradition, growing spiritually together, spreading love, justice, and joy! We create our community by covenanting one to another, using our Covenant of Right Relations. We meet in South Austin.
Our alternative Serenity Service, an interfaith service of music, readings, candles, and silence, happens every third Friday of the month (next is February 19) at 7:00pm in the Sanctuary at 1314 E Oltorf St (Faith Presbyterian Church campus).
Food for Thought, Sundays at 9:30am, Parlor
Wildflower members facilitate this popular weekly discussion class that offers opportunities for stimulating conversation around inspiring and evocative TED talks. Coffee is provided. Join this lively group to explore a variety of topics that touch our lives and spur the deepening of our spirituality and inquiry.
Hootenanny! Saturday, March 5, 6:30-8:30pm, Community Room
Come join the fun, fellowship, music, and dancing at our Second Annual Hootenanny! This is a kid-friendly, alcohol-free event open to all. Please plan on joining us for this winter celebration. If you want to perform, please contact Michael Johnson at . All musical styles are welcome.
Gran Torino, Friday, February 5, 6:30pm, Community Room
Come to our free public showing and discussion of Gran Torino. Our discussion will begin to address racial justice and multiculturalism topics that we will explore through Beloved Conversations later in February. The movie is about a retired Detroit auto worker who is a Korean War veteran and his difficult relationship with his Hmong neighbors. The Hmong are an ethnic group from the mountain regions of Southeast Asia. This movie is R-rated.
Support a Friend
In September 2015 Wildflower member Rebecca Fletcher was diagnosed with breast cancer. In November she had surgery, and January will begin radiation. Her prognosis is good, and she is determined to beat it. Please visit her GoFundMe page if you'd like to help Rebecca pay some of the costs of treatment.
Donate with Credit or Debit!
You can now donate to Wildflower Church using debit and credit cards. Just visit this link to donate securely.
Congregation-Approved Mission, Values, 2020 Vision and Strategic Goals (June 14, 2015)
Growing spiritually together, spreading love, justice, and joy.
- Caring: We express love in action: for one another, for strangers, for our community and our planet.
- Transcendence: We experience awe, hope and joy in connecting with something bigger than ourselves.
- Spiritual Growth: We transform our authentic selves through worship and learning, work and play, taking risks and talking about things that matter.
- Justice: We promote fairness, freedom and empowerment in our society and our relations with one another.
- Outreach: We engage with the communities around us, to serve and to open our doors for those in search of a spiritual home.
2020 Vision Statement:
We nourish the growth of Spirit in new ways.
We work as partners for social justice with our wider community.
We grow more multicultural and more diverse.
We create spiritual spaces, in our central home and beyond.
This is our vision of the Wildflower Church community we aspire to be.
2020 Wildflower Strategic Goals:
- Meet spiritual needs through various and innovative ways of doing church and religious education.
- Partner for social justice with other community groups and churches to provide direct service, education, and advocacy.
- Grow a multicultural church community that more closely reflects diversity in race, age, families and cultures consistent with local demographics.
- Create a central spiritual home and other spiritual spaces that reflect our UU values and traditions.
Membership Orientation Classes
The next Orientation will be in April 2016. Come on out and learn more about the life of our community, no strings attached. Lunch and child care are provided. You are welcome whether you intend to join or not. For more information, please visit our membership page or email .